Friday, July 29, 2005

More on TKGA: Stash enhancement

My earlier post about TKGA Oakland lacked a shopping report. Here are some photos of delicious yarns I bought at TKGA last weekend:

Heavy worsted: Manos del Uruguay - color 113 - bought to attempt the Hot Lava cardi seen most recently on Janice. I have some worries about whether this cropped shape will suit me, but the only way to really find out is to make one & see. This yarn has all my new favorite colors: salmon, seafoam, yellow, chestnut.. mmm!

img_2059

Worsted weight: This wasn't really a purchase - just a trade. I traded in some brick red/navy/evergreen yarn for this brighter color palette - it turned out I had the wrong yarn for the pattern

img_2064

Sock yarn:Koigu, Wildfoote, & On Line sock yarn. Such restraint! At Foxy Knits, I only added one skein of KPPPM plus two different shades of navy - I already had the orange. I plan to make Illinois team color items in Koigu. I'm keeping the details to myself until I see if it works. The On Line is going to make a lovely Devan some day, with that gorgeous turquoise Wildfoote as the contrasting color for the back & trim. I also picked up a skein of cashmere in a scarf kit and two skeins of Hand Jive yarns and a jazzy fingerless glove pattern. My last sock yarn acquisition is a muted khaki green Wildfoote. I'm practicing my new skills in continental knitting on Devan.

img_2063   img_2065   img_2069


Woo! A breath of fresh air in the stash - new springy colors!

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

I'm glad you weren't actually charged twice! I hope they get there systems to talk to each other next year.

New yarn in pretty colors is always a good thing too. :)

July 30, 2005 4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice aquisitions. Lots of sock knitting coming soon??

July 31, 2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

That Manos is gorgeous! I want some. But before I can buy anymore yarn I MUST finish some of my current projects. They've been on the needles too long! I'm excited to see how the Hot Lava Cardi looks in the Manos. I hope to see you tomorrow at the Meetup.

~ Christina

August 02, 2005 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home