Sunday, June 19, 2005

Where the hell ya been?

My great uncle Clem used to ask this question of his family if they left the house for too long. It's a family greeting we use with great fondness. And I figger some of my readers (Hi Mom!) might wonder just where the hell I've been lately, since there haven't been any posts for nearly 3 weeks. Here are my answers:

A) Busy social life. In reverse order... Went to a play called Medea the Musical in SF tonight, Wine Walk in San Mateo last night, a Tubes concert in San Jose Thursday, Yarn swap at Knitting Meetup on Wednesday, and a Mind/Body class connected with the Stanford infertility clinic on Tuesday. Phew.

B) Travel. I personally delivered my insta-baby-sweater to my niece in Philadelphia on June 12. Here she is looking sunny and sweet modeling the finished sweater and hat

img_0213

It was pretty hot in Philly - about 90 on the day of the baptism - but I shopped for and bought wool anyway. My hotel was very close to Rosie's Yarn Cellar where I bought a bit of Koigu, some buttons, on sale sock yarn, and a back issue of Knitter's. I really dig that shop - very friendly and helpful staff and a great selection of yarns.

I also visited Cape May on my trip for a bit of summer birding. Fiber Arts in Cape May has a slightly lower quality yarn selection at much higher prices - like balls of sock yarn for $10.95. Didn't stop me from buying 2 skeins of Socka Fortissima Colori to make another Mexicali Baby Ole someday.


C) Damn if I know. I have no idea what kept me off the air between May 31 and June 8. Musta been something good. Or maybe just slug mind. Dunno.

My knitting for the past three weeks has been the insta-baby-sweater pictured above and a revival of an oldie from last summer -- the Myosotis cardigan. After a solid year as a UFO, Myosotis is back on the needles. I finished the back just before my trip to Philly. I tried to weave in ends on the plane, but I lost interest and watched the movie Robots instead. (review: mostly harmless, but not very good.). Here's a progess photo of the back before I started weaving in ends:

img_9696    img_9698

With this week's work, I'm just 3 inches from completion of the second front. The new target recipient of this sweater is going to have her baby this coming week, so I have to keep moiving on Myosotis for the next week so I can deliver it along with a casserole Real Soon Now.

So that's where the hell I've been. But I'm back now and knitting away. Thanks for asking.

7 Comments:

Blogger Emy said...

"...so I can deliver it along with a casserole..."

How very Southern of you! ;)

June 19, 2005 1:43 AM  
Blogger Emy said...

..which, by the way, I love and find very amusing. :)

June 19, 2005 1:44 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

It was great to see you at Meetup. The stash swap was fun!

That insta-baby sweater is cute (and so is your niece).

My Hubby and I are having a 4th of July BBQ and want to invite you and your DH. Email me and I'll reply with the Evite.

~ Christina

June 19, 2005 9:56 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Adorable photo of you and your niece. :)

June 19, 2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cutie! Sorry I've missed Meetup the last 2 times, looking forward to seeing your latest WIPs soon!

--Amy

June 20, 2005 2:27 AM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Aw, look at her in the pinkie sweater! I love it! And hooray for you for demonstrating that even after a year, a UFO is not a UFO forever.

June 20, 2005 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Sarah is adorable (and so is the outfit from Auntie Mary)! Should my friend (due in August) have a girl I'll have to get that pattern from you.

June 29, 2005 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home