Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

Last day of the Christmas holiday today and it's been pouring rain all day. Spouse-man and I had planned to go birding all day, but a steady rain is not conducive to fun or good bird sightings, so we blew it off & stayed home in our jammies.

As a last X-mas hurrah, I'm working on my toe-up Valentine socks here in the family room and posting a few photos of my lovely yarny prezzies. It's no substitute for a day in the field, but it's cozy and reminds me of a nice Christmas trip home. Across the page we have: Manos from wizknitter and some Silk Garden from Santa, Golden Hands books, a knitting jisaw from Mom, and the last photo is bit of sock yarn plus an odd "Fabriknit" kit to make a little purse.

         

Such thoughtful prezzies, I'm a lucky gal!

Next up on the knitting calendar: decisions! Will it be the Fabric Stitch Tee, Alice, or a UFO-finishing spree? Gotta get my house in order for the New Year! Maybe a list. Yeah, and a schedule.. and a yarn diet.. and... oh the heck with it! :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Emy said...

I might have that same fabriknit kit thingie - Ray's mom gave me that (or something very like it) last year (i.e., Christmas 2004).

I might also have that same color of Manos - it or something very like it came into the shop recently, and I just had to have it because it's so pretty. I'm about to bind off my second wristwarmer with it. :)

January 02, 2006 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see Mavis on the list, but I see yarn for Mavis. Hmmmm, Mavis or Alice? And if we can get Janice to knit Mavis... whoa.

Anyways, jammie-days are awesome. I just had one today!

January 02, 2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Pretty yarn, cool puzzle, and funky books! Yippee!!!

January 03, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Oooh, that Manos looks gorgeous. Have fun with all of your lovely prezzies. And Happy New Year!

~ Christina

January 03, 2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home