Monday, September 13, 2004

Entrelac progress in reds

Here are 4 tiers of A Step Above entrelac socks. The first tier is the base triangles and the rest are all rectangles, slanting either right or left. And here's the work so far:

entrelac-sock


Why the sudden swerve into socks when toddler cardigans are waiting to be delivered? I've been reading The Knitting Goddess just to see what it was like. I'm about 4 goddesses into the book (Grandmother Spider, Isis, Ariadne, the Moirae/Fates). Influence on my life so far: I dug out the Flames sock yarn after reading about Isis, who likes red thread, and I answered a question in the NYTimes crossword puzzle about King Minos's daughter. I love mythology, so reading the stories of the goddesses is very interesting/affecting, but I'm not feeling really touched by the book yet. We shall see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! They really look wonderful. I'm going to have to get my hands on some LL yarn.

September 13, 2004 9:34 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Wow. Those are insane. They do look firey and mythological!

September 14, 2004 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. I think I may have to put those socks on my FWIPs list...after the holidays, of course.

-Jeni

September 16, 2004 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home