Monday, September 27, 2004

Worth the wait? Yes! 2S2C finally finished!

At yesterday's SnB in Campbell, I actually bound off one of the Dschungel-colored Double Trouble socks from our summer "2 Socks on 2 Circulars" knitalong. This morning I finished the second. I didn't have time for a photo before work -- just stuck them on my feet and ran out the door. Credit for the success of these socks goes to Janice, both for kicking off the 2S2C knitalong and for helping me through the confusing tubular bind-off yesterday. Thank you, Janice! Here's the key concept I was missing: You work the bind off on two parallel rows of stitches - knit stitches in front and the purl stitches behind. Phew.

I learned new techniques in this knitalong:
It was so much fun working with Janice, Jeni & Ilona on these socks. Even though it took me 6 extra weeks to complete these socks, I love the results. I will definitely use all my new techniques again, especially the general concept of 2 socks at a time on 2 circulars. As a confirmed non-finisher of projects, I need all the help I can get to push through the end-game of a new knitting project.

The finished socks are *exactly* the right size for my feet, thanks to the Double Trouble pattern and the fact that I could try the socks on at every point along their creation. They are a lovely weight for our cooler fall nights. The only iffy part of these socks is the cuffs. Yes, my precious cuffs, cause of all the delay... they just don't rock my world. They're not evil or anything, just not as dreamy as I had hoped. Photos soon!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congrats! They looked super cool! -emily

September 27, 2004 5:45 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you're happy with them. I'll send you the photo that Anna took at SnB once I get it.
--Janice

September 27, 2004 6:51 PM  
Blogger Ilona said...

CONGRATULATIONS! My poor little rubber band socks are still mere toecaps languishing at the bottom of the bag. I'm such a shameful 2s2c knitter. *blush*

September 28, 2004 12:15 PM  
Blogger Ilona said...

I'm currently reading The Law of Similiars by Chris Bohjalian... which is turning out to be VERY good...I strongly recommend it!

September 28, 2004 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home