Monday, September 20, 2004

SnB, OXO, and entrelac progress

Stitch-n-Bitch group on Sunday was small-ish, just 5 knitters. We wrote a note to Jeff in the hospital and I'm putting it in the mail this morning. I'm still loving the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock wool in FLAME. I worked on A Step Above - only 2.5 more tiers to go in the entrelac plus toe and heel.

Also I finally got to show my embellished swatch for Narcisse and everyone liked the colors. I've got choir rehearsal.. maybe I'll try to have the sweater done to hand off to our director. I just got the birth announcement Friday and the actual recipient's name is Lucy

In at-home knitting, I'm up to 53 cm of the back of the OXO Gansey and have completed one full repeat of the pattern chart. The first repeat involved a lot of mistakes that had to be either ripped back or dropped down.. but I think I've got it now. Progress should speed up now that I know what I'm doing.

I was knitting OXO last night while we watched season 3 of Angel, since I'm committed to putting some good time in on this one for Bill. The second disk in the set had terrible skipping/freezing/restarting problems. We managed to fast forward our way through the episode eventually, but, man, is that a disappointment when the DVD just plain doesn't work. The episode was Habeas Corpses and we kept accidentally revealing the next bit of action by fast forwarding to far. Oh, look, he escaped. Oh, look, that's how they found each other. Kind of turned out like watching Memento. Only not as fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Spinnity! I've been trying to make it to SnB, but every Sunday seems to be busy. Hopefully soon, since I'm just around the corner from you in Sunnyvale (I work in Santa Clara). Which choir do you sing with? Nathania N@NathaniaApple.com

September 20, 2004 1:20 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Sorry I missed seeing your swatch in person. But it sounds like you got the input that you needed. The gansey sounds like a challenge. I'm sure Bill will appreciate it that much more because he can see how much time and effort you're putting into it. A labor of love, for sure. See you in a couple of weeks.

September 20, 2004 1:22 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Don't you just hate it when DVDs go bad? It's worse than VHS tapes. I had that problem with the 2nd Harry Potter movie while I was in bed with menengitis. It hurt to sit up, so every time I had to sit up and restart with the remote control, my head pounded. Grrrr! I sent it back to Blockbuster with an angry note.

September 21, 2004 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home