Saturday, May 28, 2005

Mmm.. socks

I had to come up with a nice portable project to distract me while my Summer-along pals catch up, and here they are: gorgeous red and purple Double Trouble toe-up socks:

img_9593

These socks are for my friend Mary whose birthday (um, in January.. ) is 3 days away from my own. For her birthday, I asked her pick out yarn for socks and she chose this Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in a color called Valentine. Then I got distracted for a couple months. Now my new Sloggers have inspired me to get back to socks.

I'm knitting these on size 0 needles, which is a first for me. I'm loving the density of 9 sts/inch. The colors seem to be lining in regular 3 row clusers of pink and purple, which looks pretty good. No dreaded pooling in the first 3.5 inches, so far.

I have had a bit of cognitive distortion trying to get back into the rhythm of the 2 socks on 2 circulars. I've probably had 3 "sides" on the same needle 8 or 10 times since starting this project on Tuesday. Today I figured out that if I always arrange the working yarn so it faces me as I finish the row, then the yarn gives me a clue which needle to pick up as I turn to start the new row. If anyone has any other great tips for two socks, two circs.. I'd love to hear them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Those socks look fantastic. I love how the colors are turning out. But size 0's? Ouch!

May 31, 2005 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home