Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Check out the shiny clogs!

Very fast delivery from Knitter's Dream brought me a very exciting box on my front porch this afternoon - CLOGS!

img_9325

I wanted this photo to show that the bottoms are made in a tan plastic, which is what gives the clogs their yellow-ish tinge when photographed without feet in 'em. The tops of the clogs are actually clear, no weird yellow.

I think they fit pretty well and I love the look. Can't wait to find out if they are comfy to wear for a whole day. Ain't they cute?!

Shiny, by the way, is something I picked up again from Firefly, the 2003 Joss Whedon space/western TV series I've been watching on DVD. Spouse-o and I have tickets to the May 26th Serenity preview in far away Roseville. We've been watching the series this weekend in preparation for Thursday's showing.

I just love the world Joss has created for this show, with the swearing in Chinese and the fun space lingo, like 'verse and "see you in the world" and "shiny" to mean cool, good, extra nice. I'm just giddy about going to the preview.

My friend Walter was the one who turned me on to Firefly originally and who tipped me off to the preview. I'm so glad he did! As they say.. Joss Whedon is my master now. Somehow I have the feeling I will need to wear my shiny new clogs to the film on Thursday.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice clogs!

May 24, 2005 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Janice with the clogs! Makes a girl jealous of the clearly visable handknit socks. And, ah, Joss Whedon. I'm going to have to check out Firefly now that I've gone through Buffy and am nearing the end of Angel on DVD.

May 24, 2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Very nice! I love how the ASA socks look in them.

May 24, 2005 2:05 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Nice clogy and shiny socks!

~ Christina

May 24, 2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Yes, but can you swear in Chinese? :-)

JEALOUS of you on Thursday -- I'm going to try and appreciate the great outdoors instead.

May 24, 2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

So what do you think, are the clogs better than the boots?

Your ASA socks do look great in them, by the way!

May 24, 2005 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, very jealous of the Thursday jaunt, I too love Firefly, and though I haven't watched the series since Christmas time (got it as a gift because I liked it so much when it was actually on the air), I have found shiny has worked it's way into my lingo lately too. Yay Serenity!

May 25, 2005 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you like the clogs - I didn't like the fit when I tried them on at Full Thread Ahead's Launch Party. Oh well, not enough socks to wear with them anyway (yet).

Just in case you didn't have enough to do, why don't you try the meme I just got tagged with ...

choose five things from the list below and complete the sentence. Then tag other people and they answer in their blogs.

If I could be a scientist.
If I could be a farmer
If I could be a psychologist
If I could be a librarian
If I could be an inn-keeper
If I could be a professor
If I could be a writer
If I could be a llama-rider
If I could be a bonnie pirate
If I could be an astronaut
If I could be a world famous blogger
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world
If I could be married to any current famous political figure

May 25, 2005 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home