Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What a difference a day makes

Wow, I love this concept of "whole day off with no plans". We should have holidays more often! Aside from some long-overdue work in the yard, I spent most of my Memorial day holiday going from this:

img_9599

to this:

img_9604

Guess who is working on a deadline? That's right. I'm a Bad Aunt.
The yarn (Tahki Cotton Classic) and the pattern (Plymouth P392) came from my stash, thus avoiding a trip to the yarnshop this weekend, phew!

As you can see in the first photo, I eliminated the only seam in the pattern by knitting the sleeves in the round. Other than that, I followed the pattern pretty closely.

This project is just whipping along, thanks to the size seven needles and small size of the finishd sweater. I've got about 2 more ridges to knit on the body and some rework on the sleeves, so I think I'll get this one in time for the baptism in 12 days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Wow, that's some super speedy knitting! It looks cute. Hopefully I can see it up close at the Meetup tomorrow.

~ Christina

May 31, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Very cute!

May 31, 2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Wow, I am so behind commenting on your blog, and you are so productive! That's an adorable sweater. I will soon be seeking cute baby sweater patterns cuz guess what? The sis is preggers again! Peter is going to have a sibling. Yay!

June 01, 2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Didn't you just cast that on? Great job, it looks wonderful.

June 01, 2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

It's so cute! nice color choices

June 02, 2005 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home