Thursday, August 04, 2005

Alone in a crowd

I am so bummed that despite all my knitting community connections, I was completely oblivious to the appearance of the Yarn Harlot in Berkeley earlier this week. Monday night I said to my hubby, oh, hey, Yarn Harlot is coming in August.. I'd better check the calendar to see when she'll be here. Tuesday at 4:30, I checked in at the book tour schedule and discovered that I was screwed. Talk started at 5, I was an hour's drive away and had a support group dinner at 6:30.

How did I miss it? It's true, I only read Stephanie's blog on special occasions (my main rule is to primarily read the blogs of people I know personally) and so I am not hooked in with HER, but how is that so many knitters I know were going up to see her & no one said anything? WAAAAAH!

I wish I'd looked one day earlier. I could have rearranged things. Boogers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

Don't feel bad--I missed it too. Though I've read so many blog posts and seen so many photos from so many different angles, it was almost like i was there!

August 04, 2005 7:34 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I was going to say it was discussed at Stitch n Bitch, but now I'm realizing that Kristi and I arranged to go together at the Tuesday knitting group I went to.

I was wondering if you couldn't get off work or something. I don't know why I didn't mention it before! Sorry. :(

August 05, 2005 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't make it either. :( If only my flight was several hours later, darnit!

August 06, 2005 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home