Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Blue Stripey - FO 2005-12

So, looking back through the blog & my photos, I realized that there's been a serious slowdown in production this summmer. After a big "lump in the snake" in April, when I washed 5 FO's at once, my only other output was the baby cardigan & hat for my niece. Pa-the-tique!

Blue Stripey has been lingering near finished for a couple months now. Last week I finished the pocket seams and washing, two topics I had been fussing over. I don't totally love the join of the seedstitch pocket borders to the garment.. but dang, it, they are done. The final wash eliminated my worries about getting the proper shrinkage out of the Rowan Denim yarn. Now for some buttons... and I certainly hope you will click this little image so you can see the lovely buttons...

img_2101

I found Just The Right Buttons at Uncommon Threads yesterday, and voila: FO 2005-12, Blue Stripey, nee Cotton Candy. I'm in love! And check out my favorite part - the seams:

img_2104

I love seaming! I love making tidy joins between pieces. When I can't make tidy seams, I get very cranky. Note in the photo above that the seed stitch area has less-than-gorgeous seams. Bah. But the stockinette stripes are *perfect*, ahhhhh. Now *this* is a garment I am proud to put my name on.

img_2110



Project notes

Yarn: Rowan Denim, colors Memphis and Ecru
Needles: US 3 and 6 Addis
Pattern: Cotton Candy from Rowan Babies, by Kim Hargreaves
Started: April 14, 2005
Finished: August 1, 2005
Related posts:

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

You deserve to be proud, it's beee-u-tiful. Nice work! And cute buttons. ;)

~ Christina

August 02, 2005 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lady, nice buttons!

Heh. No really, congrats on the FO. It looks excellent. And I love the labels.

August 02, 2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Great buttons

And you do deserve to be proud, your seams are amazing.

August 03, 2005 5:01 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Loved seeing it "in the flesh" (or is that "in the fibre"?) You're a geeeeenius!

August 04, 2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger spinnity said...

Thanks for all the nice words! I feel like a geeeeenius when I look at those seams!

August 04, 2005 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home