Monday, July 31, 2006

Stash swap yarn makes good


Crosspatch hat
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
I'm quite pleased show a finished object made from stash yarn -- stash swap yarn, to be precise. Here's a blue & purple Crosspatch hat knit from this summer's knitty. This is a departure for me -- knitting from a current magazine, finishing before the next issue is out.

I didn't have any bulky yarn, so I used worsted yarn held double. I reduced the stitch count to 64 -- since my gauge was a bit larger than the pattern called for. The result is that my crosspatch is a bit snugger than the one in the mag, but I quite like the way it fits. And I love the colors. The purple was part of last fall's felted market basket project, and I *think* the blue was dyed by cookie and came to me through a stash swap last summer. Hurray for stash swap, hurray for this great introduction to mosiac knitting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh. i love how it turned out. congratulations!

July 31, 2006 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! An FO! It's so cute, and I love your color choices. :)

July 31, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Very cute hat!

July 31, 2006 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know I am using Bloglines but I have to say--I had spinnity on my bookmarks and I think I get there faster than going through bloglines. But, what do I know? Anyway I wish I could say I had a finished object Mom

August 03, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Congratulations on another fab FO! IMHO, you should always wear it with that shirt. ;-)

August 06, 2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home