Sunday, May 07, 2006

Guess who turned 40?


Guess who turned 40?
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
No, no. It's not me. I turned 40 aeons ago. It's my darling spouse-o! Yesterday we hosted a sizeable gathering for our smallish house in celebration of Bill's 40th birthday. I've loaded several photos to flickr (friends & family will see a few additional snaps). Apparently, I've managed to post them in mostly reverse chronological order. So the end of the party comes first.

But what does this have to do with knitting? EVERYTHING has to do with knitting, silly. Knitters you know were in attendance: Mel, sis-in-law Wiz Knitter, Janice, and Jeni, the Knitist. Much talk about the Dye-o-Rama which Jance, Jeni & I are all participating in, as well as the Teva Durham book loop-d-loop. And another guest brought back my copy of "The Knit Stitch", the absence which triggered a small panic a few months back.\

As for the actual party, you may notice Bill is wearing what can only be described as a pimp hat. Doesn't he look sharp in it? The guitarist from his band brought him an entire pimp outfit (or "billionaire outfit, for the kids) as a sign of the career change that many men consider at 40. It was a bit of a presumption, to be sure, but the outfit really did add to the party! And since said guitarist provided all grilling services... we could deny him nothing.

It was wonderful to be surrounded by friends & family yesterday to celebrate Bill's first 40 years. Guests included people who have known us since the 70's and people we've only come to know in the last couple years. I had a wonderful time and I hope everyone else did too.

We're definitely keeping the pimp outfit until Halloween.. after that, if you know someone turning 40 who needs to consider a career change, let us know and we might be able to hook you up with a fine looking bathrobe/snowleopard pimp suit!

8 Comments:

Blogger shorelinesue said...

It was such fun to share in the celebration of 40 years of Bill. Thank you for including me, I had a wonderful time! Bill made "pimp" look good. Everyone had a smile on their face; it was a great party. I loved the timeline! On the knitting front... I have taken an extended hiatus since my first lesson. I'd love a refresher one summer day with you and Wiz Knitter. Hope to see you soon!

May 07, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Happy Birthday, Spouse-O Bill! :)

May 07, 2006 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bill!

May 07, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Emy said...

Happy birthday, Bill! That outfit is *great* - you should totally keep that! ;)

May 07, 2006 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Bill!

I'm doing Dye-O-Rama too...

May 08, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Thank you very much for including Roger and me in the celebration. We had a great time, and it was a kick to see Bill in his new duds. Are the cane, El Dorado, and the grill on order? Cheers!

May 09, 2006 8:34 PM  
Blogger Bill Walker said...

YO, knitters,

'sup?

but seriously, thanks for the kind words, Mary knows how to throw an awesome party, I had a fabulous time, thanks to everybody who helped out. w00t!

May 11, 2006 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a fabulous time that day too! Thanks for the invite! :)

May 13, 2006 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home