Friday, June 09, 2006

I got a package!


Dye-o-rama
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
Thursday night when I came home from dinner out at St. Michael's Alley in Palo Alto, a big fluffy package was waiting for me on the doorstep -- an the return address read DYE-O-RAMA, from Pennsylvania. Oh boy, oh boy, it's HERE!

Inside, all these lovely goodies were waiting for me! The skein in front is The Very First Yarn my dye-pal ever dyed, wow! What a lovely fall colorway. And the larger skein.. well, that's my soon-to-be socks! Look at the richness of the greens and the lovely shades of turquoise.

Just like at dinner tonight, where I had fabulous rack of lamb, I declare it now: "I win." Y'all may have sent and/or received good stuff for the Dye-o-Rama, but .. I win. I love my package, all the nice scented lotions and beatuiful yarn. It's clear my dye pal really thought about me and made this yarn Specially For Me. Wow!

So here's a big thank you to Angelia, of http://angeliasknitting.blogspot.com. I truly appreicate the thought and care that went into dying this beautiful yarn, Angelia! This week is a rough time for Angelia, as her Grandma passed away Monday, so if you have a moment, stop by and say something nice to my wonderful dye-pal.

And I'll talk to you all next week -- I'm off to Ashland for a weekend at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival with my brother, wiz knitter and our long-standing theater buddies. I'm really looking forward to our family picnic tomorrow night in Oregon. I hope I'll have some lovely rhododendron photos to show you when I get back.

4 Comments:

Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

I'm so glad you like your package & yarn! The 1st skein always reminded me of "harvest" colors - I kept thinking that you would probably like those colors. The "watery" yarn, well, I can't wait to see your socks!

Thank you for the sympathy/good thoughts in regards to my Grandma. :-)

June 09, 2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Gorgeous yarn! Lucky you. :)

June 09, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Score! Beautiful yarn and lovely gifties. I can't wait to see the socks.

June 11, 2006 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both skeins are beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with it :)

June 13, 2006 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home