Friday, November 02, 2007

Camera lost. Camera found! (repeat)


Squall singles, round 2
Originally uploaded by spinnity
Hi knitters! Here you can see evidence that my missing camera has been found! I lost it at work on October 5 - I was really sure that it was the first thing I'd ever had stolen at work. Three weeks later, a colleague from out of town found it one cube over, just sitting on the surface of the empty desk. And guess who put it there?? Me. DUH!

So the camera was restored, I took two photos of the Loch Ness monsters who are our two new cats.. and then it immediately went missing again, before I even got a chance to get the crummy photos out of it. Last night I finally figured out where I put it *this* time, and I'm back in business.

My first photo after finding the camera was this shot of my latest spinning efforts - I finished spinning these last night. Now I will 3-ply them together and compare to my first skein of the "Fall Squall" colorway from Judy's Novelty Wool. I think I'm all over the map with these three bobbins - some probably spun too loose and some too tight. I'm combatting a tendency to product a harsh, skritchy yarn - which I have so far managed to do on both the spindle and wheel. The singles are harsh, the finished product is harsh. Doesn't keep me from kniting with it - but I'd be better pleased if I'd managed to make a softer yarn.

For softer spinning, no-blog-rachel is currently the apple of my eye. Her first self-dyed navajo plied yarn is soooo soft and the colors are beautiful. She's really making amazing yarn for a new-ish spinner!.

In UFO news, I'm still stuck at 5 of 10 September UFOs finished. The neckline of the red & white baby sweater is giving me fits, trying to get the right number of stitches picked up to make my picot edging, and then trying to seam it to the right place on the body. The two other baby sweaters are untouched so far. My tall socks for the other Mary are waiting to see how I do on picot edgings for the baby sweater, and I did make good progress on the gift sweater, but I can't show you.

I suppose service on this blog will resume now that the camera is back from a month off, so I'll talk to you all soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Im delighted you got your camera back - and how restorative of faith that it was still sitting in the cube!

I also want to say that your yarn looks pretty good to me...just like real yarn :-)

November 02, 2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Yay! So *glad* you have been reunited with your camera. It was disheartening to think it was stolen...ugh!

November 03, 2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

There's apparently a gene for not being able to find your camera, because this sounded awfully familiar...

Pretty yarn! Nice photo!

November 06, 2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home