Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm off!

... for 5 days of hot damp birding fun. My lovely spouse and I are off headed to McAllen Texas for a weekend of birding along the Rio Grande. We'll be "in the field and not to be disturbed", which is an awesome place to be.

The weather forecast for McAllen is 90's and cloudy. I always wonder how I'll do when shipped from the mediterranean climate of the SF Bay to places where they have actual weather. I'm predicting quite a muggy time in Texas. Hope all my REI clothes will keep me cool & bug-free.

We were in Texas last year for a much longer trip to many more locations, and my DH took lots of fabulous photos. We'll have a much shorter trip list this year, but it's always fabulous to see these birds that you have to travel to see.

So, bwahaha, I'm on vacation AGAIN

3 Comments:

Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Have fun, bird girl, and just think of all the birds in Belize only two hours south! :-)

I hope you see a Roadside Hawk and that your hotel has good air conditioning and that everyone loves your socks.

April 19, 2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Looking forward to more bat photos! It makes me shudder to think of thousands and thousands of bats filling the sky--ewwww. At least they keep the mosquito population in check. Have a great trip and we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

April 19, 2005 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss you on Wed. Have fun with the birds!

April 19, 2005 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home