Monday, September 25, 2006

Red silk for every victim of my murderous rampage


Deadly silk socks
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
From the shadows, a flash of reflected light from my bamboo double-points may be your ownly warning. I am the assassin, sizing up my victim's shoe size (Women's US 10), selecting just the right weapon for the job (Regia 4-ply Silk, burgundy) and silently proceding with full devotion to my task.

At least, that's what happened after I remembered on Sunday that I needed to check in with the Sock Wars of the yarn monkey. I knew they were coming this weekend. I checked for the pattern to be posted Friday, as promised. Then I forgot all about it for 2 days and went birding! on the San Mateo county coast all day Saturday.

Sunday at noon, suddenly it all came rushing back. Sock wars! Assassin! Someone's after me! Better find some yarn and get kniting. The pattern is written for DK weight yarn -- I don't have much DK in the stash. I have some lovely Cashsoft DK, but thought that might not hold together as socks. Ever the inventive assassin, I am doubling my Regia Silk - a gift from Mel - and coming out with spot-on gauge. The fabric is less firm than I like my socks to be, but super soft and quite attractive, for a murder weapn. I hope I live through round one and get to knit another pair. I think I will keep the red silk yarn as a trademark, bwahahahahaha!

So beware. You may be my next victim (if you signed up). Sock assassin Elektra, weilding my ninja powers and special red silk yarn may be your doom!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the idea of the red silk as a trademark for the kill! Be sure to let them know that Regia came all the way from Germany too.

If you're looking for more I seem to recall I saw some at Creative Hands the last time I was there. Good luck ninja!

September 26, 2006 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you! Sound like Sock Wars will be a lot of fun.

September 26, 2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger moirae said...

Turns out I'll be after you next, but you have some time before your previous assassin's socks get to me.

September 28, 2006 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home