Thursday, February 22, 2007

24 hours of Wyvern


24 hours of Wyvern
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
Waaah, just lost my whole post on this stupid photo. I love and hate the "Blog this photo" interface from flickr. Where is the stinking save button? On the 10th link lookup.. I stupidly used the Google toolbar in the active flickr window and lost everything. Now all you get is a summary. Hope you like terse.

  • Knitspiration guild on Monday had a class on short-row toes
  • Knitspiration website is horribly out of date
  • Guess who the web maven is?
  • I used my toe sample to start a pair of Wyvern socks, even though the gauge of my yarn is a bit finer than the recommended gauge
  • Photo was taken 24 hours after cast on
  • I've done another 4 repeats since then
  • I got the idea from Mel's Olympic Wyverns - I love the scales
  • The yarn is from the Red Cross commemorative Knit Your Bit kit and has no manufacturer's information at all, but is not quite as fine as Lorna's Laces.
  • I'll be at Stitches Thursday evening, Friday all day, possibly Saturday morning, and Sunday morning.
  • I claim I'm not really shopping, but will buy Knitting Vintage Socks and drop by Nine Rubies booth to get an autograph by Nancy Bush and might be tempted if WEBS has any Elsbeth Lavold yarn
  • You are fully authorized to laugh at me when you see me at the show with 15 shopping bags
  • Hope everyone - shops and teachers and participants - has a great time this week at the show
  • That is all.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your brief bullet-list post. I might start doing all my posts like that. It's how I think so it would make posting easier. Anyway, I have a design class this afternoon. Woot! I'll see you at dinner!!! I'm so excited :)

February 22, 2007 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and your sock is gorgeous, which is what I meant to say in first place!

February 22, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger Emy said...

"You are fully authorized to laugh at me when you see me at the show with 15 shopping bags"

As someone who hasn't even unpacked from moving, in part because I don't know where to put stuff because there's a lot less room here, and therefore has no business buying ANYTHING...I will just wink and nod, I promise. ;)

February 22, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Oooh - pretty Wyverns! Love that shade of green. Enjoy your weekend at Stitches! (The "no shopping" rule never works for me either - it's like deciding to go on a diet and then all I want is chocolate.) :)

February 23, 2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Baywood Yarns said...

Hey, I was there all day today and yesterday too - I was even working the market last night at Ada's booth! Well, maybe I'll see you tomorrow at the 9R booth?

February 23, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

I am laughing 'cause I think you have gotten at least a couple of bags...

February 23, 2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

We need a sock update. How are they looking? This was such a gorgeous start!

PS -- If you bring them to the MK startup meeting, I can see them in person!

March 09, 2007 7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, did you get my email/voicemail about boxes? I hate to bother you but....

March 10, 2007 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home