Sunday, February 11, 2007

Oooh, pretty!

Had to share this photo of my Valentine Love Bug hat-in-progress. Details on the hat are below, but the photo was made by Photo Booth, an application that came with Bill's new Mac Book Pro. This is the "bulge" effect in action. Made me giggle. What cartoon character has that nose??

Bill and I spent this entire rainy Saturday lumping in the family room doing useful household things. Well... let's be honest. Bill did useful household things while I knitted 5 inches of Valentine's hat. Oh yes, I'm pretty clever at the chore avoidance. I'm knitting for you, dahlinks.

I'd love to tell you more about the yarn I'm using, but both the yarn and the pattern are internet-proof, not to be found online anywhere. The pattern came free with the yarn, which I bought it at the Windy Valley Muskox booth at Stitches last year. The ball band says it is Nash Farms Cashmere. The hat pattern is their own "Cashmere Mock Cable Hat" though the cables seem to me to be actual, not mock in any way. I guess if I want more details about the yarn, I'll have to ask Windy Valley about it at the Market at Stitches West in two weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

The french comicbook character, Mr Jean has a nose like that. :)

The hat turned out so well!

February 11, 2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger Bill Walker said...

I want my hat! :-)

February 12, 2007 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Veronica D said...

Great post thhanks

December 13, 2021 4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home