Monday, November 12, 2007

Bambu, I <3 U


Bambuzzled -- finished
Originally uploaded by spinnity
I had a chance to deliver my completed "Bambuzzled" scarf to the recipient this weekend - she loved it, I love it on her and it was a giant <3 fest. So here's my wrap-up on the Bambuzzled scarf, using seltsame's latest sweater notes as a template.

1. Ravelry link: Bambuzzled
2. Pattern Source: Blue Moon Fiber Arts
exclusive design by Cookie A.
3. Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Bambu, bought at the BMFA booth at Stitches West, 2007
4. Needle Size: US 6
5. Gauge: dunno, but I bet I was under intended gauge, because it took some stretching to reach the desired 60 x 10 inches, despite my Pattern Changes.
6. Pattern Changes: Knit 3 more repeats of the 24 row lace motif until I ran out of yarn.
7. Yarn Review: A joy to work with. Does untwist some, but I didn't have much trouble with splitting. Pattern motif is crisp but the garment is drapey. Right on.
8. Did it fit: Yes! Glad I made the additional rows for a larger recipient.
9. How many times did I frog: The last 3 lace repeats were doomed. Kept messing up an edge stitch, attempting to fix from the row above, goofing it up worse. Ending bindoff was also trouble. Never frogged the whole thing, but the last 6-10 inches probably got knit 8 times.
A. Usability analysis: This scarf looks very nice folded/rolled/scrunched around the neck, and the pattern is great where it flares out.
B. Final Thoughts: Awesome use of one skein, very beautiful & wearable final outcome. Also, how cool am I for using up Stitches yarn before the next Stitches (don't laugh. It's not nice to laugh at the afflicted!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fabulous. We were admiring it at your house last Spin-In

November 12, 2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Very pretty!

November 12, 2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

It looks lovely, the sample at BMFA was so drapey too. I also bought the yarn at pattern at Stitches - I feel your completing the scarf is somewhat of a challenge to me now!

November 13, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Emy said...

I sat beside it last weekend and petted it a lot, hehe. :)

November 13, 2007 9:33 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Beautiful scarf. I've been thinking about finishing something I bought at last stitches (or maybe two yr ago) before the next stitches too so I don't feel guilty getting more stuff.

November 13, 2007 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great!

November 13, 2007 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home