Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Fuzzy Stripey #2 and frivolous Halloween poncho

Armed with feedback from An on the fit & usefulness of the Leggero Stripe Fuzzy Stripey cardigan #1, I have embarked on version #2 for Siobhan whose baby is due December 7th. I've adjusted the number of stitches for a slight gauge change (5.6 sts/inch instead of 5) and to make the body 1.5 inches wider (11.5 instead of 10).

Much progress was made this weekend while I was birding in Oregon. We had several hours of planes & airports plus lots of travel time on the road to our various birding locations at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in southeastern Oregon. Then Monday I attended an information architecture seminar in SF - which meant about 5 more hours of knitting. The results:

crw_3753   crw_3755

Another perk of my seminar in the city was a trip to Artfibers, just 4 blocks from the seminar location. I bought 3 different yarns - a silk called Chai in blue green, a microfiber called Catnap in lavendar, and a novelty yarn called Rik Rak in orange, tan & olive. Rik Rak is turning into a teeny tiny poncho, which may be the only Halloween-y thing I scrape together before the weekend:

crw_3750

It's actually off the needles now - looks like a long wide scarf. I'm nervous it won't turn out long enough, but we'll see this evening when it's seamed up. I love the bold orange in this yarn. Never thought of myself as an orange kind of gal, but everything in my knitting bag is orange right now - Fuzzy Stripey, Teeny Tiny Poncho, and A Step Above socks. Hmm.... Midlife crisis?

4 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Orange? What a concept! I don't have much orange in my closet except for a top or two. But, it's a very happy color, so maybe you're just in a sunshiney mood.

What's the Catnap yarn like? I'm partial to microfiber and would love to find other ones out there.

October 28, 2004 5:51 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

There's nothing wrong with orange! I love orange, but not on me, only on Niels. So he wears lots of it. Observe:

http://www.abigailvr.net/niels/2004/09/28d.html

October 28, 2004 10:32 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

I love orange! And most appropriate for pumpkin day.

October 29, 2004 4:18 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Orange is one of my favorite colors as well. Nice choice. And I'm so jealous of your trip to Art Fibers. Maybe I'll have to take a trip up there this weekend...just to look. ;)

November 05, 2004 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home