Sunday, November 21, 2004

SnB Nation: Paper Moon delivers the goods

Hi knitters! I had a great weekend trip Nov 13 - 16 to Wisconsin to visit granny, now back in her apartment 9 weeks after her heart attack & surgery. She's recovering quite well for 88 and is living on her own again. We are so proud of her and just overjoyed to see her getting along so well. Go, granny, go!

The trip also meant a very busy week at work, testing some improvements to our search server before launching them next week (cross your fingers!), so knitting progess was slow.

I did take Meadow Flowers with me to Wisconsin - finished all the knitting for the body of the shawl and am now ready to start edging. Also Fuzzy Stripey #2 is now seamed and awaiting buttons. Since my return, I've worked on A Step Above sock #2 -- I've finished the ribbing, base triangles and 2 rows of boxes. And under some delivery presssure, I crocheted all the little flower doodads for Narcisse. Everything's moving, but not a single thing has actually been finished.

I didn't have a chance to pick up Stitch n Bitch Nation before leaving town. Without much hope, I looked for the book in 5 airport bookstores, a craft store, and evil Walmart with no luck. On the 15th, I finally found a copy at Paper Moon, a lovely idosyncratic bookstore in McGregor, Iowa. I love Paper Moon - very cool gifty things and well chosen books arranged by subject more than author. Displays last weekend included travel (novels and non-fiction), trains, knitting, local authors, politics.. in each little area they had pulled together books you might not have thought of as related and made great connections.

I danced gleefullly around the store when I found the picture of the SnB SJSU on page 191 and my own review of Knitting Arts on page 271. And Gunilla's reviews in the San Jose section. I really feel in with the In Crowd now. Actually, I was telling my spouse-o this weekend that I am really feeling blessed by my connection through the SnB group and Knitting Meetup. I have not had many women friends since moving to California ten years ago. These groups have put me in touch with so many cool, crafty, supportive women. I'm really loving it. So thanks, gals, and congrats on your appearance in SnB Nation. I'm bringing my book Sunday to get it signed by my famous knitbuds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I'm happy to hear granny is doing well. It was great to see you today even though we didn't get a chance to talk much. I'm sorry you had to rip back Meadow Flowers. Maybe third times a charm?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

November 21, 2004 6:42 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Oh no! Sorry to read that there was ripping on Meadow Flowers.

So exciting that you're famous and a published author!

November 22, 2004 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home