Friday, December 31, 2004

Left turn into scarves

December knitting took a left turn when I decided to knit a drop-stitch scarf for a white elephant gift exchange at work. Photo: I wish I knew what yarn this was, because it was just fabulous. The pattern was 10 rows of garter, 2 rows of drop stitch, on size 13 needles. The gift exchange was on December 15th and the scarf was ready just in time.

img_5337    img_5336

Two colleagues asked if I could knit them scarves and I said "Of course!". I don't think I quite realized that they both wanted their scarves by Christmas! Still, I had already sort of given up on finishing my grand Xmas knitting plans, so I dropped all my WIP and went shopping for scarf yarn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

The drop stitch look might be a nice thing to do for those bridesmaids wraps... I've been hunting for likely patterns.

January 03, 2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home