Friday, December 03, 2004

Xmas knitting and knitting in public

Despite more chatting and teaching at Knitting Meetup on Wednesday night, I have finished finished finished 3 of my Xmas projects and made good progress on a fourth. Of course, the Snowman was finished & shipped last week. This week's progress is:
  • Fuzzy Stripey #2 (this photo doesn't show cute square buttons, but they are on!)

    img_5077

  • Toddler Cardi - suddenly and unexpectedly, this project is fully done! I found a half-finished girl-colored cardi in my UFO pile and figured out how to adjust the sleeves to be wearable and, hey, presto, finished prezzy!

    img_5079

  • Meadow Flowers - finished 1 length of edging, 2 more to go. This will probably be the next Xmas item finished.

    img_5079

After a pretty dry spell in November, I was able to knit-in-public twice this week, hurray! Sunday at SnB SJSU, where I rudely threatened violence towards Lisa, a new member who had actually finished all her Christmas knitting on November 28th. Janice talked me down and honestly, I have to admire someone who can plan ahead that well. I'm just mad 'cause I'm not that cool. I worked on Meadow Flowers edging and the Step Above socks.



At Santa Clara County Knitting Meetup on Wednesday, I worked on the Step Above socks - I've now got the entire leg portion finished except the waste yarn section. Woo! Knitting Meetup had 17 peeople at our special extra session, including 6 new gals. So I guess that didn't suck. I set up a poll today to ask the group what their ideal meeting frequency would be. Also, I gotta remember the name tags next time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Congrats on finishing so many projects. Keep the momentum going and you'll have Meadow Flowers and the Step Above socks finished in no time!

December 03, 2004 6:55 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Wow, you're just churning those FO's out, and they all look wonderful. I'm really excited about those ASA socks. Entrelac socks. What a concept!

December 04, 2004 7:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The fuzzy stripey and toddler cardi looks super Mary! I'd wear them both if they would fit more that my hand. :)

December 06, 2004 4:39 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

meadow flowers is beautiful! and the tots who get your knitting will be quite lucky indeed!

December 07, 2004 5:04 PM  
Blogger spinnity said...

Thanks, gals! I really appreciate your support. It's been a busy, fun knitting season, but sometimes it's a little hard to let go of all these great items. Having the photos and your comments makes it easier to let them go!

December 07, 2004 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home