Friday, January 21, 2005

EZ books, baby knitting, and those boots again

In other updates: I finished reading Knitting Around (even the patterns) this morning. I guess I'm on a little Elizabeth Zimmerman kick, here. I'm totally gaga for the Bog Jacket in Knitting Around and I'm planning to participate in Laura's Baby Surprise Jacket knit-along. The BSJ is in EZ's Knitting Workshop -- a book I clearly remember buying in hardover in the last 6 months. But where is it?

I was tearing up the house looking for EZ's Knitting Workshop. I knew I had a copy somewhere, but just couldn't find it. At Santa Clara County Knitting Meetup on Wednesday, I was kvetching loudly about this and knuknitter explained that of course I couldn't find it.. it's at her house. Sigh. I got to get a log book for when I lend out knitting books! Janet's got my copy of Stitch-n-Bitch.. I think. A friend suggested this, but I'm not totally sold on gluing stuff inside my books.

Also on Wednesday at Meetup, I knit up a gauge swatch in Noro "Big Bebe" color #1, a discontinued cotton/raimie/wool/nylon blend from Laura's stash and just loved the results. I think I will turn this into a Plymout "quick to knit" raglan cardigan, just like the ones I knit for Renata and Rebekka. And I made a good start on Cindy. I'm loving the magenta color.

And Ilona dropped a comment today with a link to the elann preview.. they are selling my beloved Reggia clear plastic boots for half price next week. Maybe I'll get a backup pair, in case I thrash the current pair "in the field". Tomorrow might be a good gauge of whether this field use is destroying my boots - I'm going to help with a flora & fauna survey at the Redwood City bay shore and I'm told waterproof boots are a good idea for getting into the Zodiac boat. So think of me tomorrow morning at dawn (7:20) in my Reggia boots and birthday socks motoring out to look at birds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

This reminded me I need to give you your book back! This book-lending thing is always hard -- another new knitter has my copy of Stitch 'N' Bitch at the moment and I really want it back!

January 26, 2005 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Library kit is on sale at Levenger (if that matters): http://tinyurl.com/5x2jr

:-)

-Gina

February 01, 2005 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home