Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Double knitting Wednesday

I'm really coming to like Wednesdays. First, it's knit-at-work day - with a small but lively group of knitters at the office, mostly beginners but all enthusiastic and creative. I worked on the Diamond Seed Baby Jacket, getting the first pattern repeat finished. I also dropped off at work today the re-shaped Fuzzy Stripey baby cardigan for Baby Jake. I made expansion panels for both side seams to accommodate Jake's extra belly. Looks like:

img_6572

His mom was totally pleased and promised a report on the revised fit.

OK, but after work.. it's also Knitting Meetup night. We had about 15 knitters at Blue Rock Shoot tonight and lots of good conversational topics: yarn stock at Knitting Arts, the characters of some local yarn shops, cultural attitudes towards nudity in the home, grafting, and general show-and-tell.

Works in progress: DSBJ, Cindy (started the crochet on one sleeve), and a Swirl Ball which I'm totally in love with in china blue and lime green.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

It was great to see you at Meetup on Wednesday night. I'm downloading the photos now so I'll email you once they're on my ftp site.

~ Christina

February 04, 2005 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home