Friday, October 27, 2006

New favorite shoes - for socks


New favorite shoes
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
I obtained these strappy mary jane style outdoorsy shoes this week from REI. (Thank you REI dividend program!) They are cute, comfortable and fierce. And how cute are my entrelac socks showing through those straps?

*So* cute

As the new shoes, they have become the pride of the fleet. They sit next to the door, now that we are a shoeless house (see previous post on new wooden floors!), waiting for the next call. So far they have been showecased flame colored, tuscany colored, and pumpkiny hand-dyed sock yarn. (They do NOT look good with watermelon stripes, but we can't have everything, can we?)

Suddenly I want to knit more socks to honor these awesome shoes. Let's see.. my new Socks of Doom in yellow should look good in here as well, once i adjust the heel on one of them. And the Dyo-o-rama yarn.. and...

Sigh. So much knitting to do for myself and it's gift knitting season. Oh well, back to the salt mines, in my new cute shoes.

----------------------------
Follow-up to the earlier post about storing the stash before the floor work: I spent a stupid amount of time today annotating my stash photo on Flickr.. so have another look. If you were curious what those yarns were in all those bags, now your inquisitive self can be satisfied.

And, yes, Kristi, you are right. That is not the whole stash. There is a bunch hiding in the white cupboard behind this pile. Note how you can't see any white.. at all. There are 50 bags all together -- 35 in the pile you see here and 16 more inside the cupboard. So that's the real total: 51 bags.

But then there is the remote storage for my vast collection of Bolivian alpaca, my 30 skeins of Silk Garden and my 20 skeins of Cork, which all have places of honor elsewhere.. call that 10 more bags. Let's say 60 all told..

Oh, I forgot the Italia Fingerpaints under the bookshelf... that's pretty bulky. Let's say 3 ziplocs for those 10 skeins. 63, then.

Plus the three projects worth of yarn riding around in my trunk for safekeeping, in case the floors went horribly wrong.. Maybe 4 more?

What the heck, I'll just round up to an even 70 bags worth of stash.

70 isn't too many, is it?

8 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Cute shoes! I always try on the shoes like that but they never fit me very well. Woe is me. :)

No, 70 is definitely NOT too much. :)

October 27, 2006 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, nice. I have them in red and I love the way they show off my handknit socks!

October 28, 2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those shoes are super-cute! I might have to get the navy ones...

October 29, 2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I just updated my stash spreadsheet for the first time in a year. Incredible how much yarn I've not knit in that time!

October 29, 2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

70 bags of stash?! Wow. I bow to you and to Jo.

I am very partial to knee socks, which show with most shoes, but if I make some shorter pairs for myself I may have to invest in a pair of sporty MJ's like those.

BTW, saw Laura at the SM library yesterday, she is working on a gorgeous shawl. And TG for Fengari, they have more Nature Cotton in color 204, so the sweater is all done!

October 30, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Emy said...

*sniffle* I have wide feet so those shoes probably wouldn't fit me. :(

This makes me wonder whether I should start binding my feet.

October 30, 2006 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely shoes. I'm sure I'll see them in PdC in November. No true knitter could ever say that 70 bags are too many--our noses would grow if we did. Mom

October 31, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Very cute shoes! And 70 bags is definitely not too much yarn.

~ Christina

November 01, 2006 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home