Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wyverns - only 28 hours before they must be socks!

These Wyverns are meant to be my good luck socks for my big birdathon on Saturday. I'm leaving the house at 3:30 AM for a day of gonzo birding, to compete against other teams and try to raise money for the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society.

I just *know* these socks, with their chicken leg ribbing, will bring me luck in the field. So I am knitting like mad to finish them up. Just 4 repeats plus ribbing to go!

Wish me luck!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it! I have faith!

They are lovely, by the way.

April 12, 2007 5:36 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

You've past the heel, you're in the home stretch! Go, Mary, go! :)

April 12, 2007 9:53 PM  
Blogger theknitist said...

They are awesome! Good luck!

April 12, 2007 11:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, I love those socks!!! I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

April 13, 2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger Margit Sage said...

Best of luck! Enjoy the day! The socks look great.

April 13, 2007 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your lovely socks are on your lovely feet today as you go birding.
What a great sock pattern. I'm jealous! Mom

April 14, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Baywood Yarns said...

Very nice! They will be lovely... but did you get them done in time???

April 16, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Well, they may not have been finished, but you STILL had good luck. Congrats on all the birdies, and you'd better send Mom that sock pattern!

April 17, 2007 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home