Friday, March 14, 2008

SM1 : Day One Progress


SM1 : Day One Progress
Originally uploaded by spinnity
Sock Madness is here!

Just a little ahead of March Madness, Sock Madness kicked off today with our first pattern. I've got one sock leg to show for my day's knitting. There are knitters both way ahead and way behind me.. though the knitter who explained that she has not started *this* sock, but knit a different entire sock today has eared my gypsy curse.

The pattern is called Zombie Socks by Sheryl Giles see the threadbare parts where the zombie's clothes have rotted away?) and I'm using the recommended yarn - Colinette Jitterbug. This is my first exposure to this yarn and I adore it. It's so deliciously ... round! I also like the pattern a bunch, both philosophically and as a finished product. Can't wait to turn that heel and have an actual sock to wear!

My goal is to finish my pair of socks by Saturday, which will be an absolute stretch for me. Wish me luck, and go check Cindy's blog for her progress updates in the same crazy competition.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sock pattern. You're working on it at 2 a.m.??? Speaking of basketball --I forgot to listen to the Penn game because it came on at a weird time and we won!! So should I listen to the Purdue game? Will it curse us? It all comes down to me, you know. Mom

March 14, 2008 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home