Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sock Madness, Round 1 - DONE!


Sock Madness, Round 1 - DONE!
Originally uploaded by spinnity
Knitters, I am done! Finished my socks for Round 1 of the Sock Madness 2 competition this morning, finally. I sent my mail to the organizers and I can only wait to see if my time is fast enough to qualify to move on to Round 2. I have not been keeping up with the msg boards, because I've been knitting, and I'm walking straight out of the house now, so I won't find out if I'm in until I get home this evening. Below are my thoughts on the socks and my performance in the competition so far.

As posted on Flickr:

When Mud Zombies Roamed the Earth - my Zombie socks for round 1 of Sock Madness 2 - are done. I am uploading at 10:22 AM PST on the 5th day after the pattern was released. 120 hrs, 22 minutes to get to this point. Versus 17 hours for the fastest competitors. Oy.

As posted on Ravelry discussion thread:

Finished! Can’t believe how long these took in comparison to our fastest competitors. I’ve got to do a better job of clearing my schedule if I make it through to round 2.

I love the finished socks. Very sculptural. I finished them at 10:15, posted at 10:22, and am walking out the house wearing them (ends not woven in) at 10:30 am, PST. Sooooo glad to be done!

As told to the spouse-o last night:

I am the Bodie Miller of Sock Madness 2. Got everyone all hyped up about my appearance in the competition and then spent my time in Turino at parties, helping a friend move, driving to Napa to give a guest lecture, knitting other projects.... Frittering away my potential. This is why I gotta do a better job of clearing my schedule next time, so I can shake my Bodie Miller image and log a real competetive run.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a heart-stopping moment when I read the title of your post on my RSS feed. "Oh, SH*T!" I thought. "Why have I been reading the internet all morning instead of finishing my socks?!? I'm ouuuut!" Then reality reasserted itself. Ahem.

I like your Zombies. The color is lovely! I'm sure you'll make it into the next round - as of last night there were 74/160 pairs done for Round 2.

March 18, 2008 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations sock finisher!! Someone made socks in 17 hours? Did they eat? sleep? work? Mom

March 19, 2008 7:05 AM  
Blogger Big Sis said...

Your zombies are great! I have zombie envy.

Thanks for your nice post on my blog. I needed the cheering on! I just finished mine tonight. I think I might still be in the running, and if I am, I'll "see" you in round two...

March 20, 2008 11:23 PM  
Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

Here is a late congrats!!! I'm glad round two hasn't started yet....so not ready. But tomorrow I will start prepping my brain for the next go. Those look really great!!!!

March 23, 2008 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great - congrats on finishing!

March 24, 2008 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home