Saturday, September 13, 2008

Underdog (from the wayback machine)

Did I mention this little episode? The Underdog incident? Perhaps I glossed over it in hopes no one would find out, but the photos are too fabulous to keep under wraps. So, even thought this event is 3 weeks old, here goes:

Someone important to me had a significant birthday in August. And asked us all to dress up as superheroes for his party. Wow, fun, you say, a costume party! Bah humbug, says I. I really couldn't get into it. I didn't want to wear a superhero-snug costume and I wasn't coming up with any creative ideas for alternative heros, like "Can Always Find The Matching Lid Guy" or "Ennui girl" so I was way behind on party prep. But it really was the only thing he wanted for a birthday present. The day of the party, I had this idea: Underdog.

Underdog is lovable and schlubby. No one expects taut abs and beautiful cleavage from Underdog! And he has a theme song, which is singable by anyone. Perfect.

The hubs and I made a shopping list and ran around town collecting a red sweatshirt, red shorts, red baseball socks, felt to make a U and ears, and nose paint. For him, we made a similar list to collect Aquaman parts, including the stretchy yellow belt that just *makes* the outfit. We had so much fun dashing in and out of stores on a deadline (party at 4:30!) and constructing our insignia.

I'm giving you two photos from party day - me and hubs with the Birthday Boy up above, and all of the guests in our party costumes at the Pump It Up bouncy house party place down here. (All the other party groups that day seemed to be between 4 and 7 years old. Our party ranged from 4 months to retirement age and we bounced pretty hard. I still have the bruises to prove it.) I honestly had a blast dressed up in my ridiculous Underdog suit. And you are hereby authorized to remind me of that next time I'm being a poop about a costume party.

3 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

what a fun time! Love the outfit too
Sounds like you had a good trip to SC - haven't been to those yarn shops yet but taking PT for the shop hop will be an experience!

September 14, 2008 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, nudging worked, photos have been posted! What a fun time you all had, wish we'd been able to make it south!

September 15, 2008 12:56 AM  
Blogger adamwiz said...

wooo-hooo! good times, good times.

The Birthday Boy

September 18, 2008 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home