Sunday, April 06, 2008

Vacation photo quiz


A Birder's Story
Originally uploaded by spinnity
Hi knitters,

I skipped blogging last week during Round 2 of the Sock Madness to save my strength for knitting. I finished in time to qualify for Round 3, and I'll post more about my new Reversai socks shortly. Short version: I love them. I love the Hazel Knits yarn. I love this contest.

For today, I am posting one photo which summarizes my vacation so far. The only thing missing is a representation of our airline flight. After I took the photo, I thought of the perfect symbol that I should have included: the TSA notice that they have been inside your bags.

From this photo, I hope you can figure out where I am, why I am there, why I lost an hour at lunch (hint: see the orange key fob), why I have spare time on my hands to knit socks during the vacation, and what I am doing tonight. If you are Janice, maybe you can figure out how far I've gotten on those Early Spring socks since last we met.

If you want to guess at the answers to any of these questions, leave a comment here or on Flickr.. with a comment box, if you like. The first person who answers all 5 questions right will win a skien of Hazel Knits Artisan Sock. (That's a pretty tasty wager, you say? Well, I am willing to take the risk because I doubt you will get them all right. But y'all are sure welcome to try!)

I'll post some notes tomorrow with some more attractive photos of my vacation and sock progress. See you soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stickchicky said...

Well I'm not at all sure about all the answers, but from the photo, I'd say you were at Martin Refuge, for a birding trip, lost an hour of lunch because you've locked your keys in the car, and forgotten your camera there, so you would have free time to knit since you are waiting for your keys. I'd say tonight you were planning your route on the map that is sitting on the table. Hope your trip goes well!

April 07, 2008 12:08 AM  
Blogger PurlsBeyondPrice said...

I think you're in Texas, following the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail (http://www.audubon.org/bird_trails/great_texas_coastal.html), adding birds to your tally and taking pictures, the keys got locked in the car, you have time to knit because the trail is actually a driving trail, leading you to the best spots to spot the feathery ones, and you're kicking back tonight and tasting some local beer. Cheers!

April 07, 2008 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home