Monday, February 14, 2005

Summary of my weekend at Stitches

Um, yes. This is all mine.

You can't quite see the blocking wires running horizontaly along the top of the sofa, but the rest of this photo tells a pretty clear story. (Click for bigger image to see details)

img_7114

I took 7 classes. I was in the market 7 times, including sneaking in to talk to White Lies Designs on Sunday before the market opened. (I had bought 3 skeins of red/burgundy/french blue wool to make the garden vest just right of center, but left the shop with 2. She let me take one more even though I didn't have a receipt or anything.)

My very first purchase was Koigu to make the Baby Surprise Jacket (top left in purple and yellow/pink/purple). My first class with take-away items was Intarsia without fear... it's a star, not Matisse's Icarus.

My last class was Norwegian Purl - we learned to handle 2 colors in the left hand after getting the basics of Norwegian purl down. See the corrugated ribbing sample on the left, just above the finished Latvian Wrister. My last (impulse! probably stupid!) purchase was enough Koigu to knit the "Tiny Top" at the far right. Despite the ironic name, I *love* tops shaped like Tiny Top on me, looks like a top I got at Chico's recently. I'm worried about the sizing... width looks good, but I'm a little uncertain whether I can get sufficient length with 8 skeins. But I figger Koigu holds it's value. If I don't end up making that top, I'm sure I can sell the wool to someone.

The only hard part is.. I don't get to work on any of this now for the next month, until my bridal party duties as wedding knitress are done. See next post for more info on the upcoming Shawlapalooza.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had as much fun as I did! (read: fun=yarn) Your take looks beautiful. May your wedding knitress duties be completed soon so you can bask in your new wool.

February 14, 2005 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's some serious shopping action there! My haul absolutely pales in comparison,...

Good to run into you this weekend!

February 15, 2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

I like the idea of taking a photo of all my loot! I might get Adam to do that later this week.

Let's talk about Shawlapalooza -- with Blue Cardy off the needles, I figure I can take one of those on with no problem.

February 15, 2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Wow. Not sure what else to say. I bow to your-knitty-ness.

February 15, 2005 2:29 PM  
Blogger spinnity said...

I am a bit embarrassed to have bought all this stuff.. it's like someone who lived thru the depression turning into a hoarder. I mean, I went thru the 90's. I gotta keep the stock up in case the depression comes back!

I'm embarrassed, but I'm really glad to have it all.

February 15, 2005 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home