Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Spring cleaning in the UFO pile

Ah, luxury! No real knitting deadlines looming at this time, time to take a look at the UFO pile. The biggest UFO of them all is Bill's OXO Gansey. When last we saw it... in October... it was only about 62 cm along, heading for 81.5 total. Well, look what a lot of basketball watching time has got us:

img_7742

(Do click to look at the larger version of this.. otherwise it looks like a tiny blue rag. In person, I think it looks great!) Since the photo was taken, I've finished the last half centimeter of this back piece and cast on for the front. Having made good progress on OXO... and unable to face another 83.5 cm of solid blue at this time - I reached in to the pile to come up with Fog Chaser and 5 (five??) nearly-finished baby sweaters.

Fog Chaser... remember how lovely? Mohair, many colors.. looking so good until I sewed the sleeves on wrong. Grrrr! Mel and I are planning a "rip out and re-set your sleeves" support group date sometime next week. We both abandoned projects after discovering that we'd done the sleeves wrong. Actually.. I think Mel put her sleeves in wrong with bad info from me. So we're going to get together again and conquer the sleeves. I'm sure it's going to be infinitely too warm to wear Fog Chaser next week by the time I finish it, but it will be finished!

And the baby sweaters... 5 of em! EeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeK! I lined them up and decided to start with the easiest to finish. Here they are, as of the last time they appeared online:

img_7488 img_7376 img_7156 img_6575 crw_1760



And here are their states. At trivia at the Britannia Arms, this would be a "Five will get you ten" match'em. In no particular order, these are the current states of projects targeted in Spring Cleaning:

  • stalled out in the crochet phase and missing a button

  • started in 2003, this one now needs only sleeves sewn in and a neckline trim

  • lacking side seams and the dreaded embroidery

  • needs only buttons and a wash

  • sleeves done, nothing assembled, needs a collar



I guess just the baby sweaters will keep me busy on my "don't move until we tell you it's OK" quiet weekend at home. However, after locating this many UFO's in one my very first pass, I stopped looking. All other UFO's are going to have to wait and see if this first sweep is successful. So for you scarves, shawls, Elvis wigs, adult-sized garments... Hang in there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pattern on Bill's sweater! I'm also loving the fuschia Rowan Cork sweater, I may have to get my hands on that pattern. :)

March 24, 2005 11:07 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Wow, you're in babyland. I have several friends who are expecting so I suspect this summer I'll be heading into babyland myself. Best of luck with them.

~ Christina

March 28, 2005 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home