Monday, February 28, 2005

Surprise!

Here's a nearly-finished picture of the Baby Surprise Jacket I'm knitting in Koigu KPPPM (easter grass and jelly bean colors) and KPM (bright lavendar)

img_7376

In this photo, I've worked an I-cord bind-off around the bottom edge and front bands (on the Baby Surprise Jacket, this is where the last row ends up). Since this photo was taken, I've added I-cord to the cuffies and I've been figuring out just how to get an attached I-cord around the neck.

The challenges were a) running out of multicolored yarn and b) attractively attaching the end of the I-cord to the beginning of the bind off . That part hasn't gone quite as smooothly. I can't get those last 6 stitches to be friends & look nice together. But it remains only to beat that join into submission, attach buttons and wash this one. Very nearly an FO... but not quite.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Ooh lucky baby! Koigu! I love the way the variegation forms a pattern from the seaming! And the edgeing in Koigu is a great touch!

March 01, 2005 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice on the BSJ. I'm going to start one with the yahoogroup next week. Seeing your beautiful work is so motivating!

Karen

March 01, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Does that mean I missed my chance to see it before you did the origami on it? :)

March 01, 2005 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home