Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Shawlapalooza: Wedding bells rang

Hi there! I've been MIA for about a week, and not just from this blog. We had a busy week preparing for my brother's wedding to knuknitter. Monday, March 7th was "mom prep" day - cleaning up the house and getting the guest room ready for Mom. Tuesday she arrived at 5 pm, just in time for a wedding band rehearsal at our house that evening. Wednesday Mom, spouse-o, myself, brother & knuknitter dined at Brigitte's French restaurant in Santa Clara. (Do not miss this restaurant if you live in the south SF Bay area.) Thursday we had a whirlwind trip to San Mateo after work to visit the bride and groom in their newly rented bungalow. Friday we watched Illinois basketball, had lunch with friends in town for the wedding, and did rehearsal plus rehearsal dinner. Tired already!

Saturday of course was the ceremony and it was personal and beautiful and just the right temperature. Everyone was gorgeous and happy and a good time was had by all. I have no photos yet to show you because a) I was standing up and Bill was playing in the band for ther reception so we didn't even take the camera and b) the photos I do have from others need permission from those picutred before I can post them. But trust me, everything was beautiful.

We did have 3 completed shawls in the hall on Saturday and miraculously it was almost cool enough to want them. Best Woman wore hers, mine was tucked away in a bag under the gift table and Sister of Honor on the other side left hers in the room where we changed upstairs. So we only had one shawl at a time at the party, but everyone admired it and the amount of care that went into making these beautiful objects for the wedding gals.

I wore mine Saturday evening and found it very cosy, perhaps a bit long, and defintely worth wearing. Knuknitter wore the Charlotte's Web shawl I knit for her all the time she wasn't wearing the bridal gown on Saturday. She was born to wear drapey shawls, it looks awesome on her. That photo should be up tomorrow.

I got to give the "best man" toast because the actual best man didn't want to do it and shower my well-wishes on the bride & groom. They used five themes for their marriage: Partnership, communication, intimacy, community and adventure. May they have all five and love in abundance for all their days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Thank you, loving sister! I can't wait to show you my little honeymoon projects.

March 25, 2005 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home