Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Shawl-a-palooza: Wednesday progress report

Here's my Love Prism shawl in progress as of Wednesday morning:

img_7373

For scale.. the shawl is aobut 21" wide and I've done about 15 inches on the straight section (everything past the corner on the upper edge). I'm headed for at least 60 inches total, more if we can make it.

I was worried about the consumption of Love, the luscious mohair blend that makes up the background for the stripes. I'm a little less worried now. I made it through the point and about 13" into the straight section before adding my second ball of Love. I think there just might be enough Love to go around.

I'm not totally happy with the first triangle of this shawl. I didn't know I hated it until Sunday when I saw what the bride had done. Have a look:

img_7120

Mine is on the left, hers is much larger than mine & on the right. Her edges are so lovely and straight. Mine are pants. I can only hope that a little bit of blocking and possibly a border will make this work. Otherswise, I'm screwed, because the Love looks like crap if you re-knit it. You can't reuse Love. :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, her edges are amazingly straight! How does she do that?

February 24, 2005 1:02 AM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

I don't know how I did it! Lots of tugging and straightening along the way, I guess, but honestly I didn't think much about it.

I really like the way yours is progressing! The photo at the top looks swell. Looks like you did a double-wrap before your drops in the tubular stuff -- is that right? Shows off the tubes better than a single wrap.

February 24, 2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

I've been fortunate to only have to rip out one row of Love, and that was knit into a row of ribbon so there was no mohair grabbin' goin' on. But, ripping out 6 rows of charmeuse and reknitting it was no picnic. It kept wanting to fold up on itself which would have hidden its true beauty. But, I got it to work. That'll teach me to drop a stitch!!

February 24, 2005 3:39 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

You can't reuse Love... you're right, that joke IS funny every time. ;)

February 24, 2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

They look so great! What a beautiful design. Best of luck getting it done in time.

~ Christina

March 06, 2005 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home