Wednesday, March 16, 2005

We now return...

... to your regularly scheduled knitting. Starting Sunday, when the wedding bliss was over, I picked up the OXO Gansey for my darling spouse-o. I did some knitting over the weekend during the basketball games. I've decided to spend my NCAA tournamet basketball watching time working on OXO, in hopes of getting at least the front and back done in time for his birthday in April... LATE April. Wish me luck, because the dang thing is slow going. I started July 3rd last year and I've got 66 cm completed on the back (garment is worked in flat pieces) on my way to 82 cm. At least I'm in the exciting patterned part rather than the 44 cm of boring stockinette. Even though I like the project, 160-ish stitches in a row (knitting flat) in very firm cotton makes for pokey progress. But I am totally excited about the idea of making my man a new sweater.. the last one he got from me was in approximately 1989!

And from January, you may recall the Diamond Seed Baby Jacket, DSBJ, which now consists of a finished body with no collar or sleeves. I worked the shoulders with short rows and a three-needle bind-off this morning, following in Janice's footsteps by using some of her pattern mods. DSBJ is my "porta-project" for carrying around everywhere with me, since the OXO realy requires a large carrying capacity and a place & time where it's OK to turn my hands blue with denim dye.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

I think the OXO looks great. It's going to be well worth the wait.

March 18, 2005 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home