Thursday, April 14, 2005

What? Another new project?

I swatched on Friday for a toddler sweater for my goddaughter who is outgrowing this cute little green cardigan I knit her two years ago. I'm going to make Cotton Candy from the Rowan Babies book of designs by Kim Hargraves. I am not sure why this denim cardigan pictured in light blue and ecru is called Cotton Candy. Don't you associate cotton candy with pink? I'll have to think of a new name for it. The floor is open for nominations.

For swatching, I used some of dark blue Rowan Denim from Bill's (yes, unfinished, thanks for asking) OXO Gansey and got gauge perfectly on the suggested needles the first time. A sign from God, as the Blues Brothers would say. Here's the swatch, before washing:

scan-2005-04-14

Thanks to the shrinking properties of Rowan Denim, the stitches will tighten and pack in a bit more when this is washed. After swatching, I decided I don't like the dark blue/ecru as much as the lighter blue/ecru, so I got MORE YARN at The Websters in Ashland to make the sweater Just Like The Picture (boring, I know, but it's so cute!)

I think Cotton Candy and a new pair of Lorna's Laces socks will be my travelling knitting when I go birding in Texas next week. I have other news on the finishing front, which will wait for tomorrow so I can show pictures of Cindy, Bias Betty, and the DSBJ in their completed forms! I'm so excited, I can barely stand it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Maybe it was pink and white originally and they never changed the name? Cotton candy does come in blue, though.

But you're right, it is adorable. :)

April 14, 2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

You could call it Baby Blue, or something like that! Agreed, it's cuter in the light blue and more feminine.

Wow, sounds like you got a ton of things finished! I am looking forward to a good knitting weekend, so hopefully I'll have photos to share, too.

April 15, 2005 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home