Saturday, April 09, 2005

Something for me!

Since I need a break from the UFO baby sweaters of doom -- none of which are finished since last we spoke -- I decided I need to do something quick for me. Knuknitter was working on her Bias Betty scarf on Wednesday at Santa Clara knitting meetup as I was attempting to finish the loopy loops on Cindy. (With a borrowed crochet hook that turns out to be *slightly* smaller than the one I was using and the loops aren't right. Jen, remind me to return your hook!)

Knuknitter & I both got our Bias Betty kits at the Foxyknits booth at Stitches West - their web link seems to be broken today. The kit consists of 1 skein Koigu KPPPM, beads for the end of the scarf and a pattern. I love the colors of the Koigu color P105L - yellow and terracotta, soft green, lilac, a mushroom brown, and teal. I started yesterday on our drive to Ashland for a weekend of theater. Here's yesterday's progress - click the preview below for a bigger version with somewhat less color banding:

img_7925

So far all you can really appreciate is the color - the lace pattern will require some strech to be visible. I don't think the "zig zag of pink thru a field of yellow" effect is as strong in person as it is in the tiny photo and I think once it's blocked the holes will help break up this impression. The ends of the scarf will be beaded, which I think is a cool way to add weight to a short scarf.

Today I'm planning an outing to The Websters yarn shop - I'm looking for the pale blue Rowan Denim for a sweater for my goddaughter which I swatched in the car yesterday and a DK cotton for my Sally's Favorite Summer Sweater project. I'm taking Bias Betty with me, to look for colors that match the springy P105L colors. Maybe a crochet hook to finish Cindy with.

Also: bwhahaa. I'm on vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Oo, I like the idea of matching up Bias Betty to your summer sweater. Very practical.

I find that the Bias Betty pattern is very well designed for nice distribution of color. Mine is nearly all knit up, then I'll get to see what the blocking does. A vast improvement, I suspect.

April 11, 2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Ohh I 'm so jealous that you're on vacation. Enjoy your knitting time!

~ Christina

April 13, 2005 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home