Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Time to choose a yarn for my work knitalong

I'm going to knit a sweater for me! At work, 3 of us have been meeting to knit on Wednesdays at noon. We're planning to make Sally's Favorite Summer Sweater together as a knitalong project - it's good for beginners who haven't made themselves any garments yet and it's in a nice summery weight.

I went to the yarn shop tonight and looked over their supply of Tahki Cotton Classic and Rowan Handknit Cotton. I think I like the Rowan yarn better.. it's not mercerized - or at least not to the same degree as the Cotton Classic.

This is the e color I brought home to swatch with - "311 Nautical" - which according to this page is discontinued. Other colors under consideration.. (Images from http://www.wolleunddesign.de/)

           312: Rosy:
        254: Flame:
219:Gooseberry:

I haven't tried the gauge swatch yet, so I don't know if this yarn will work the way I want it to, but these sure are some yummy colors. Anyone got any opinions about summer sweater colors?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the rosy is a great summer color. Good luck on the sweater, can't wait to see it as a WIP!

April 07, 2005 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're all great colors, but I think you should spice up your closet a bit and go for the flame! It's a nice bright color, very summer time.

April 07, 2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger spinnity said...

If ya like the flame.. you might like #319: Mango Fool even better.

http://www.theyarnco.com/brand_display/90

I'm sure Fool refers to the dessert and not the purchaser.

April 07, 2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Hmmm...tough choice, I like all of the colors. Flame would probably be my first choice, but I really like rosy as well. And the gooseberry just looks like spring to me. Best of luck deciding on a color!

~ Christina

April 07, 2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Bet you can guess what I like! The bright green is gorgeous and summery and so is the flame. But when I saw the blue in person I thought, gosh, Mary would really wear that.

April 08, 2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Hopefully this comment will go through--blogger refused my other comment earlier today. Ugh.

Anyway, I like all of the colors. Gooseberry & Flame are more spring/summer, but they're all very nice.

How about using more than one color by adding a stripe or two?

April 08, 2005 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home