Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Oh no.. owl invasion!

The comments on my last post are making me nervous. I opened the door a tiny crack by admitting my love of macrame owls and suddenly I've got 2 offers to deliver more owls to my house. I'm looking out the window right now to see if there is a truck backing up to unload the world's entire population of unwanted macrame owls.

I'd just like to say this up front: Even though I, like other bloggers, think they are cute, I do not need any more macrame owls -- yet! Thank you, Mom and Emy for your kind offers, but please. Keep your owls.

Just because I have a gorgeous macrame owl, of which I am understandably proud... Just because I bought a "HUGE FANTASTIC lot of 18 MACRAME Books & Magazines OWLS" today on eBay... Just because I think I might need my own set of ceramic owl eyes in case I want to make one myself... This is not a license to pack up your unwanted owls and send them to me.

I mean.. keep them where you can find them, in case I change my mind... but I have not yet succumbed to my kitsch-collector urges, nor am I an internationally renowned kitsch artist! I have a reputation to protect here. I mean, would you let your spouse bring these home? I'd like to continue to sleep indoors. So please. No owls! For now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a kitcsh artist!

By the way, I gathered some clothing for you for your charity collection. I'll be calling you tomorrow to arrange a transfer. :)

August 23, 2005 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! There's a macrame nativity book in that lot. Macrame Nativity?? Dang.

August 23, 2005 9:47 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Wow, you really can find anything and everything on eBay. I think they should put you in a commercial! Congrats on winning the auction. Will you be knotting at SnB now?

August 24, 2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger Ilona said...

It's all good, pally.

August 25, 2005 3:56 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Too funny! Love the links to all the macrame owls -- who knew there were so many different kinds.

In my family, I never saw any macrame owls, but we did own a couple of really ugly ceramic frog ashtrays, the kind where you rest your cigarette on what appears to be the frog's lower teeth. Frogs have teeth? WHAAAAAT?

August 26, 2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

I know you said there was another person who was bidding on the auction, but I'm stunned--there were 4 other people who were bidding. A 5-way bidding war over macrame owls?!?!?

August 27, 2005 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home