Monday, June 14, 2004

Charlotte's Web could never be doomed

Wow, this has been a fun two weeks! I taught a friend to knit on June 2nd and she's totally taking off - got a knitting book and taught herself a few stitch patterns based on having learned knit, purl and knit to together from me. So encouraging after the week of doomed projects.

The yahoo Knitalong group is doing shawls, so I pulled my 5 skeins of Koigu KPPPM and the Charlotte's Web pattern out of the stash and started on Friday. I knit on our way to Half Moon Bay Friday night, in the car Saturday and at the SJSU Stitch-n-Bitch on Sunday. This is a good antitidote to the doomed projects, since gauge doesn't matter as much and it moves very quickly in the beginning. Progress photo:

crw_9650


I met Emily, Laura, Janice and Jenny at the SNB group in Campbell on Sunday. It was really awesome to finally meet some other knitters! I saw some very pretty projects in progress.

Now I have to quit writing & pay attention to My Neighbor Totoro, which is new to me and looks gorgeous. More soon, as Charlotte progreses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home