Thursday, July 29, 2004

**Best gift recipient ever**

This news actually belongs to Saturday, but I was not entirely cogent then. I have recieved the nicest thank you note from a recipient of a knitted object and I just have to share. I finally managed to box up Florella and get it ready to send right before the Uni High reunion, but didn't mail it until Monday, July 19th. Already on Saturday, in my mailbox was the thank you note from Wendy, which I am transcribing here: "Dear Mary, We just love the beautiful outfit that you have created. The pearly buttons were such a nice touch. The color and multicolor tie goes great to gether. Thank you so much. Jocelyn is so lucky! Best, Wendy"

And what makes this the winning entry in the "Best gift recipient ever" contest?
- Speed! Gift sent 7/19, thank in hand 7/24
- Encloses a photo of adorable baby wearing outfit
- Noticed the buttons!
- Noticed the ties (any idea how long I agonized over tie color? how many yarn shops visited?)
- Includes birth announcement card with full baby details

In general, no one ever *asks* for the baby things I send them and who the heck knows if they like them. But this is the first time I've ever gotten a thank you like this. And the first time in like 10 years that I've received a photo of a baby wearing the knitted object. Having this show up in the mail Saturday was a big boost to my spirits. Wendy, you totally rock!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

How nice! I hope I'm as fortunate to get a nice thank you when I finally send off the baby blanket I've been working on. That's assuming I send it before the kid enrolls in college! LOL

July 29, 2004 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home