Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Socking right along

With lots of tips and encouragement from Janice from the Campbell Stitch-n-Bitch group, I am making great progress on 2 socks, 2 circulars. Using Ingrid's Double Trouble sock pattern, I cast on both socks last Friday in Champaign then spent the rest of my visit and the plane ride home working on the feet.

Saturday:                 Monday night

crw_0700  crw_0736



By Monday evening, I had turned 1 heel and Tuesday I turned the 2nd. I've knit a few rows even now and am ready to start the ribbing.

Project: Double Trouble 2 socks, 2 circs
Yarn: Regia 6-fadig Crazy Colors in color Dschungel
Needles: Size 1 circulars (Addi turbo and Susan Bates)
Start Date: July 16, 2004
Notes: The yarn was a gift from Mom about 2 years ago. The color did *not* grab me, so I thought it was OK to sacrifice it to experimental socks. I dig it much more now that I can see the striping in the sock

Things I learned from Janice for this project:
- Use the provisional cast on to start the toes
- Short row toe and heel
- Use size 1 needles (or 1 size less than normally used with the yarn) to get a firmer fabric
- 3X1 rib looks great
- 2 socks, 2 circs is easier than it sounds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home