Monday, August 09, 2004

Having trouble letting go

I'm trying to clear out some nearly-finished projects before I go back to work. First, Baby Nolan's preemie cardigan "Early Arrivals". It is the replacement for the little green cardigan which came out to be doll-sized. On Thursday I finished the seams and buttons on the cardigan. I am not totally happy with the join at the upper right neck where the knitted-in button band was carried around the neck and grafted. But since this truly is a temporary sweater for 3-5 lbs, I'm moving on. Photo:

crw_0828



Next, the Double Trouble socks. Friday I knit, unknit and reknit the DTs, thinking I could have them done by Sunday. But my dreamed-of turned down cuffs were causing trouble. So they are still on the needles. At Sunday's SnB, I watched Jeni doing tubular cast off to finish her Double Troubles - a lovely cotton in pinks & orang. I was a little jealous & thought about giving up, but i'm gonna stick with it a little longer and see if I can make the cuffs I dream of.

Finally, 2 sweaters whose time has come - the Reverse Stockinette Turtleneck and the Swan "bed jacket" cardigan. Each has been finished for months... except the seams. Saturday I worked on Swan, but had to take out one of the sleeves I'd already sewn in (grr!) and Swan had to got to a safe house for a while so I wouldn't murder it. Better luck on Sunday with the Turtle - from one inset sleeve and no underarm seams to completed object in an afternoon and evening. I think it is now safe to return to Swan and try again. If I finish those seams, tomororw is wash day for Swan, Turtleneck, Early Arrival, Feather and Fan washcloth/baby doll blankie, and my illusion knitting samples.

Wish me luck! It seems I am reluctant to let these finished objects really be finished and go on to their new homes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You keep going on those socks, girl! Janice and I were just going on before you got to SnB on Sunday about how ingenious it was for you to design a fold-cuff. Don't let us down!

-Jeni
p.s. No pressure ;)

August 10, 2004 9:30 AM  
Blogger Bogie said...

I think it's great that you're finishing your nearly-finished projects. I hope the cuffs come out the way you want them to. Cheers!

August 10, 2004 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home