Sunday, August 15, 2004

More photos of the finished objects

Writing captions for the photos, I realized that I've been working on Wendy's Reverse Turtle since November. Yes, that's 9 months to birth a fluffy sweater on 10.5 needles. Swan only took about 4 months, on size 13's. And now they're done! Here's a wash day photo from Friday morning:

crw_0847

And close-ups of the two talked-about objects. Feather and Fan baby doll blanket for Baby Molly (baby doll of Ashlyn):

crw_0886

And my first attempt at illusion knitting - a sample square with a chart I made myself trying to get the NC State logo to show up. This first attempt is only the S. My second sample incorporates the tiny N and C in the holes in the S. I've wanted to do some illusion knitting since the Stitch-n-Bitch book pattern for the alien head scarf came out, but I wanted to make my own design for the hidden motif. An article in InKnitters ("Shadow Notes - The Art of Hidden Patterns") was very helpful in showing how to make charts for illusion knitting. I would like to turn this into a scarf for a North Carolina State fan, but I need to get the logo verified. If that falls through, I think I could make this for a Stanford fan... though it just isn't cold enough to wear a nice wolly scarf to most Stanford games. Anyway, the sample:

Straight on           At an angle
crw_0894   crw_0892

Still working on the Double Trouble socks - just the 1x1 rib and the tubular bind-off to go. And I've started the dog sweater in Jaimeson's Soft Shetland.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Congratulations on all of the wonderful FOs. I really like the illusion sample--maybe I'll need to get some blue and gold and knit up a Cal logo just to even the score!

Can't wait to see the finished socks.

August 16, 2004 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home