Sunday, September 04, 2005

3-day-weekend = blog cleanup? I'm not doing it right.

From 10 am until 1 pm Sunday, I played web janitor -- a big blog cleanup. My knitting progress photos have moved to a new server and a new domain name: spinnity.com (thanks Todd & Bill). That meant editing the address on every. single. image. link. Then I updated all my sidebar links to use the blog name, not the human name, for my buddies. When all that was done, I republished everything and came back to the most recent post... only to find 28 spam comments. The next hour was devoted to deleting them one at a time from my email inbox and the blog.

So now there is word verification on the comments. I apologize to my blog readers for the inconvenience, but having spent an hour deleting today's spam.. I'm not about to leave my door open for the next round.

For knitting progress.. I've got a finished swirl hat, made from a pattern from Foxy Knits (I finished it on August 26, but kept forgetting to take a photo). This is Koigu KPPM P528. The kitty in this photo is Squeaky who is visitng at my house for 2 weeks. She's such a love!

img_3511

Devan is also progressing well: I've picked up the 250-ish stitches around the front & neck and took this picture when I was 2 rows away from finished with the knitting. After the photo, I had to tinked 2 rows and enlarge the button holes, but I'm loving the colors and won't mind a bit of tinking to make it perfect.

img_3489

Stitch-n-bitch in Campbell was great today - a surprising crowd of 13 knitters (and offspring) made for a good time. I got a special treat when Jeni brought me a new drive band for my spinning wheel. Thanks, Jeni!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hrm. My three day weekend consisted of furniture building, rearranging, and cleaning. I think I'd rather do blog maintenance!

September 05, 2005 10:10 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I was surprised by how big SnB was yesterday too! I'm sorry I didn't get to do much knitting, but it was nice to see everyone.

September 05, 2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Bogie said...

Devan's looking good, and it's nice to see a photo of the Koigu swirly hat with the great stitch definition.

September 06, 2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger LornaJay said...

Hmm. Wish I'd found this post before I did the front bands on my version of Devan.

Could you please tell me how you upsized the button holes?

Thanks.
lornajay@gmail.com

October 07, 2005 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home