Thursday, May 24, 2007

Where's Mary?


Corriedale Bobbin
Originally uploaded by spinnity.
Sometimes I neglect the blog because I'm out having fun. Not this time...

Hi blogland!

It's just two weeks before the launch of my big project at work. I mean big. We've been working on this thing for mmmmmonths and the developers have been coding since March. We're pushing through QA testing and bug fixing now. I'm working oodles of hours, morning, noon, and night - and I'm pretty cheerful about it because our web site is going to look **so** good when the new version launches. It's a good kind of busy, with everyone working together to make the project go.

But working all the time means less time for life. I'm behind on photos, behind on blogging, behind on bill paying, behind, behind, behind. Knitting is progressing, if slowly. Projects on the needles this week:
  • Spey Valley socks from Knitting on The Road for my spouse-o in Blue Moon Fiber Arts medium weight, color Lagoon.

  • Wyvern! Bind off is languishing. If I could just get 40 solid minutes to pay attention to the bind off, I'd have new socks. Next deadline for socks is June 11, when I am going to the Sierras for 4 days birding.

  • Eve's Rib scarf in Noro Gemstones, gift for my testing contractor who leaves today (how will we make it without her? and how can I give away my precious Gemstones?)

  • Swatch in Rowan Calmer for a short sleeve cardigan from Rowan 39. Swatch needs steaming to be sure I'm on the right track before casting on.
If you've seen me away from the office in the past month, it was probably at a yarn shop. Gotta emerge from the coding cave a couple times a week, right? So I took a three week class on Sundays at Full Thread Ahead to learn to crochet 3 different kippot and a one-on-one spinning lesson with Sandy at Purlescence where I plied the bobbin half-full of ... let's call it worsted weight... Corriedale at the top of this post.

I also managed to show up to knitting guild, and two Knitting Meetups since I last blogged. Knitting guild was particularly good this week - we had a session with Ada Lai from Great Knit Design, demo'ing the Knitware program. Guild members left with knitting design stars in their eyes, thinking of adapting patterns and turning swatches into projects.

I'm predicting more silence on this line until June 3, but I'm still here & still knitting. Hope your May is less pressed for time than mine!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Believe me, I can relate. May has been a whirlwind for many. Sending good thoughts your way for the big project and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!! (Hang in there and remember to smile & breathe. Often.)

May 24, 2007 9:02 AM  
Blogger theknitist said...

Sounds very very busy, but fun! I'm curious to know how your spinning lesson went!

May 24, 2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

It was great to see you at the guild meeting and at meetup. This has been a hectic time for me too but fortunately not because of work. Our vegetable garden, French class, and knitting get-togethers are occupying my non-work hours. I really want to get back to my sewing machine (and spinning wheel) too.

May 24, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hey Mary, You do sound busy. At least you have knitting and spinning the relieve the stress.

I was sorry to miss you at the last KA meetup because I wanted to thank you for the info about the Full Thread Ahead knit camp...my friend and I have signed up for it, she will by flying in from the UK to attend.

May 25, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Missed you on Wednesday! Ada sang the praises of the Guild members and said that's the only kind of promotional event she wants to do from now on. Sounds like it was a blast.

May 25, 2007 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home